Sunday, November 19, 2006

Meme me me me

Gosh I love reading these Meme thingies, so I've stolen this one from Kirsty's "Two Lime Leaves" Blog. Have I been totally up myself by just barging on in and nicking it, should one wait to be invited? Brushing aside feelings of modesty and propriety, self importance over-rules and I'm doing it anyway!

1. What time did you get up this morning?
Does this mean wake up or get up? I woke up at 5am but then I slobbed in bed reading the paper then cruising blogs on my laptop with one ear on Rage on the tv. Soooo, it was about 8am when I finally got my butt moving.

2. Diamonds or pearls? I have a favourite pair of black pearl earrings that I wear all the time so I guess it would have to be pearls.

3. What is your favourite TV show(s)? hmm, I don't watch much TV that I actually concentrate on, but I do actively seek out and watch RPA and CSI. A blood and guts kinda gal. Oh, and cooking shows. We all love cooking shows in this house.

4.What is your middle name? Margaret

5. What is your favourite cuisine? Without being really sure what defines a particular cuisine, I'll have a stab and say Thai

6. What foods do you dislike? Orange cream biscuits, orange cream chocolates, HP sauce. What a pathetically small list that is!

7. Your favourite flavour of crisps? Ordinary salted ones, non-crinkle cut

8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Christina Aguilera's new one. I love it so much that I can't even remember its name...

9. What characteristics do you despise? Dishonesty, two-faced people, people who think they are better than others, aggression

10. Favorite item of clothing? Ugg boots in winter, brown tank top with a pink floral screen print in summer

11. If you could go anywhere in the world on holiday, where would you go? In order of priority.... Maldives. The rest of Australia. Canada. New Zealand. Mauritius. UK (we went to England in 1982 for 3 weeks - it wasn't long enough). Italy. Scandinavia (I want to see the Northern Lights before I die). Japan.

12. What colour is your bathroom? Tan (very eighties)

13. Favorite brand of clothing? Not a brand person. But I always seem to like the clothes in Suzanne Grae - cheap and they FIT! AND, I often end up buying a smaller size there. Find me a shop that tells me I'm a size 12 and I'll be there every week!

14. Where would you want to retire to? The country, on a couple of acres. Albany in south west WA is what we have our eye on for now. I want chooks! And a stone walled orchard, small and hidden, like The Secret Garden.

15. Favorite time of day? First thing in the morning when it's quiet and it's cool outside and the birdies are tweeting

16. What washing powder do you use? Dynamomatic. Do I get a freebie?

17. Coke or Pepsi? Coke

18. What did you want to be when you were little? An actress. I think I bet some boy $2 when I was 7 that it would happen. It didn't happen, and I didn't pay up. That cpi adjusted debt must be worth a small fortune by now.

18. (b) What do you want to be now? Retired! A husband and wife team playing on our hobby farm, being as self-sufficient as possible. With lots of time for stitching and quilting and crafting. As long as I can still get Broadband, I would DIE without the Internet.

19. Favorite sweets? Clinkers clinkers clinkers

20. What are the different jobs you've had? Accounts clerk at a Dairy manufacturing company, mummy, clinical coder at a large public hospital, medical receptionist

21. Piercings? One in each ear.

22. Ever been to Africa? Nope. And it's not on my list of places I want to see

23. Been in a car accident? One little titchy one many years ago. Busted headlight on my darling little Mini Minor was the only casualty.

24. Favourite restaurant? Anywhere that will cook the food for me and wash the dishes is just fine.

25. Favourite flower? blue iris

26. How many times did you fail your driving test? Passed first time. It was touch and go, I was driving a bit too carefully and being rather slow. I remember the examiner sat in the seat for ages after the test, motionless, deep in thought. Finally he say "Ok, I'll pass you, but if you don't move a bit faster on the road I hope you get run down by a bus". Interesting... Suffice to say that my accelerator tends to hover on or a titch over the speed limit nowadays and no-one has run me down yet.

27. What do you do most often when you are bored? I can't remember the last time I was bored, it doesn't happen.

28. What is your favorite colour? Turquoise. And I love combos of cool colours

29. Lake, Ocean or River? Well, any water is good but I think I'll go River. A small one.

30. How many tattoos do you have? None and that's how it will stay. I did get a temporary henna tattoo on my ankle when we went to Bali about 5 years ago. I was rather proud of that.

31. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Too hard, my brain will explode

32. What materialistic thing would you ask for if you had one wish to make? Money Money Money - to buy our country abode.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, that's right...play down the car accident that you caused =P

Dy said...

You're not being nice enough to me Meshell, you are supposed to be grovelling remember. :-)

Liz Needle said...

Good list Dy. Always interesting to find out about people you know, but don't know.

We share quite a frw things - especially Suzanne Gray. I can fit into size 10 jeans there!!!

Liz