Saturday, October 27, 2007

Scatterday Week 10

This week we had the tricky little letter J to deal with.


For Restaurant I have chosen JUG.
Fellow Scatterdaisies, you'd have smiled and nodded your head knowingly at me.... Mum and I went to lunch for her birthday and there I was sitting in the restaurant constantly scanning the place with a J etched firmly in my brain. I thought all hope was lost, but then... Mum ordered Banana and Passionfruit Pancakes for dessert, and it arrived with a JUG of sauce on the plate. I was fair bouncing up and down in my seat squeaking with excitement!! :-) Michelle - you'd be proud of me - I took a photo in a restaurant!

The Sport category led me to my JOGGERS. They are old and loved and supported my ankles whilst playing squash for many years, and the occasional jog through the park until my knee gave up the ghost. Nowadays I wear them to walk the dogs. And the dogs know. Whenever I get dressed they sit and stare at my feet to see what shoes I'm putting on, and then go crazy if it's the joggers cos they know it's walk time! It's got to the stage now that I cannot wear my joggers for any other purpose as the dogs just go mental. In fact to photograph them I had to smuggle them outside wrapped in a towel so the dogs couldn't see :-)

And finally for Pointy Things I went a bit outside the square. This is the pointy end of my favourite conifer - my JUNIPER. It's the pointy shape of the ends of the branches that I particularly like about Juniper. And the lovely blue-green colour. Juniper berries are used to flavour gin I believe.

Now Scatterdaisies, next week will be a lot easier and should be interesting. The letter is A and the categories are Things That Are Round, Vegetables and Something You Like The Smell Of.

9 comments:

Di said...

A jug in a restaurant! Oh, Dy, I do love your lateral thinking! I wonder what people thought when you whipped out your camera. These days I never leave home without my little 'digi' as I never know when I'll see a potential Scatterday pic!

Nola said...

A jug in a restaurant, now that is lateral thinking! So clever. Why don't I own any joggers?

Pennie said...

Now I have some beautiful photos of our Juniper bushes all ready for my Scatterday but I rejected them when my Pointing Jackson was so happy to pose for me :-) and your Joggers look just like mine, kicked off at the back door!

Dy said...

Di, I was a bit sneaky - I was pretending to take a photo of my mum and just moved the camera downwards to her plate, no-one except mum and I were any the wiser. ;-)

Dy said...

Pennie, my joggers are Brooks. I was horrified at the price but the man in shop persuaded me to buy them, telling me I would never regret it. And he was right, they are soooo comfortable and have lasted for years with hardly any wear and tear.

Mine, however, are carefully posed on some pretty rocks, unlike your kicked off at the door ones ;-)

Michelle Watters said...

Well done Dy and I am very proud of you taking photos in public.

Lindsay said...

That's a lovely Juniper photo and those pancakes look delicious!

Kate North said...

I keep thinking I ought to play along, but never get around to it - but I do like to watch - thanks!

Liz Needle said...

LOve your 'J' photos, Dy. Very smart thinking. Haven't had time this week, but will try to do it - late again.
My two dogsare exactly the same way about my joggers and the big stick i take on walks. They bark the house down as soon as I get them out.