Saturday, March 29, 2008

Scatterday X

If I told you that I had a ride in a helicopter today, specifically for the task of taking a couple of Scatterday photos, would you believe me? :-)
Well, Steve and I did actually have a ride in a helicopter today, and I took my camera and just happened to be on the lookout for appropriate things for Scatterday! Pretty exciting huh.

I decided to bend the rules this week, and instead of finding things beginning with X, instead I looked for X shapes in things. Clockwise from top left...
1/ Yea ol' garden hose.
2/ An intersection on the outskirts of Perth city, taken from the helicopter. According to the pilot, we were 500 metres up in the air, flying at 180km/hr - wow!
3/ Part of an old garden table that we now stack pots on to grow herbs.
4/ The security screen on our laundry door.
5/ A couple of old pieces of bamboo that Steve left lying in a garden bed. He uses it as stakes for his tomato plants, and occasionally they sprout!
6/ Another helicopter shot, believe it or not this is Perth's main cemetery - Karrakatta. I was really taken aback at the regimental grid-like structure of the place.... not the sort of thing you'd notice at ground level.
7/ A boat travelling under Stirling Bridge in Fremantle - another shot from the helicopter.
8/ A nice colourful X in the middle of my unfinished Indian Orange Peel quilt.
9/ And in the middle is a section of a painting that's on our wall.

And for next week it's the Letter A with the categories of Restaurant, Something You Find In The Dark, and Turquoise.

10 comments:

Liz Needle said...

Brilliant idea, Dy. Maybe that is a way we could go. Look for letter shapes rather than words starting with.....?

Love your photos.

BTW I am back!!

Pennie said...

Oh yes! I do indeed like your style Dy and am very impressed with your day!! You are the first to go to such lengths for us all... so on behalf of all the Scatterdaisy's I thank you!! :-)

Christina said...

Wow fabulous photos and such an innovative way to get them. I like the idea of looking for shapes might have to try that with the letter A

Anonymous said...

hang on a sec, did you say Helicopter?

Dy said...

Now Miss Dot, I know I'm not good at turning right in my car, but I'm a hellraiser in the air! Yes, a helicopter - it was great! Did you know that I plan to jump out of an airplane when I turn 50 :-)

Dy said...

Now Miss Dot, I know I'm not good at turning right in my car, but I'm a hellraiser in the air! Yes, a helicopter - it was great! Did you know that I plan to jump out of an airplane when I turn 50 :-)

Lindi said...

Great ideas!
But where's the photo of the chopper blades? They would form an X, too.

the Infamous Gnomes said...

We like your photos!

Michelle Watters said...

Fantastic Dy. Love all the photos and your ideas. And what a great day you had. Peter and I did a helicopter ride over the Great Ocean Road on our honeymoon. It freaked me out.

Nola said...

How clever - X shapes! The chopper ride looks phenomenal!