Right, I am liberated! :-)
Complete change of direction on how to go about this TAST challenge and I am a much happier girlie. For some reason I just couldn't bring myself to "experiment" on the leaf print fabric - how weird eh. So, instead I'm going to play each week on a square of hand dyed fabric with the eventual intent of sewing them together as a quilt maybe. After looking at some of the samples of others taking the challenge, I was blown away by the innovative ideas and people's ability to think outside the square. I really liked the examples of using a stitch to fill in a shape and this particular sample really blew my mind and Pat's work is my inspiration this week.
Anyway, here is my effort appliqueing a patch of which I've frayed the edges, very simple to match my capabilities but I quite like it. I cut out a simple spiral shape in Reynolds freezer paper and ironed it on, so there was a guideline when I filled it in with herringbone. I really like the effect that template had on defining a freeform shape. I've only just discovered DMC's variegated floss range, and I think this blue thread is yummy. I'm itching to add a few beads now...
PS, ok, while I was waiting for the Antenna Man to come and install a new aerial on our roof, I did a wee bit of beading.